Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

SCRAPtivity #6

Once upon a time an ant walked past a caterpillar that was pausing to sniff a flower. The ant looked down at the caterpillar’s many rows of legs and asked, “How do you know which one to move first?” As the ant wandered away, the caterpillar stood perfectly still, wondering, “How DO I know which leg to move first?” The more he pondered the question, the more upset he became. The more upset he became, the harder it was to think. The harder it became to think, the more difficult it became to move. So the caterpillar stood there, day after day, trying to decide which leg should step forward. First. Finally, he shriveled up and disappeared.

Survey of the Top Ten reasons that we don’t or won’t journal:

10 Does anybody really care?

9 I hate my handwriting.

8 There is no room left to journal.

7 I don’t know what to say.

6 My pictures are so old, I can’t remember anyway.

5 I don’t want to clutter my beautiful pages!

4 Journaling gets in the way of creating.

3 It takes too much time to journal.

2 The details of who and when are enough.

1 I what to journal, but I don’t know what to say.

In the next 3 SCRAPtivities, we will explore these reasons for not journaling and give you ideas and helps to conquer the dreaded Journal Block!

#10 – Does anybody really care anyway? The time spent journaling gives us access to future generations. Don’t let this opportunity pass by. Make sure that YOUR personality is recorded through your journaling. Just think how awesome it would be to have a snippet of your great-grandmother’s personality recorded in a scrapbook of family photos – what she thought, felt and desired for her family. Just think!

#9 – I hate my handwriting. I hate mine, however somewhere in you albums you MUST put your handwriting. Hide it in an envelope if you must, but get it there. Imagine if you had your great-grandmother’s precious journal, only to find out that she hated her handwriting and had her neighbor write it for her! It looses much of the value. Our handwriting is part of us. If you are really unhappy about your handwriting, try improving it. When you are on the phone, exercise your handwriting. Take your time. Get a book about handwriting from the library and practice. You will improve, if you set your mind to it.

Your challenge this week is to go back and journal at least 5 pages that have no journaling on them. Try it. You will be happy you did.

Have a great week - write it down!

Pat

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck Pat!!! Good for you!! I just read the post before this one about you using Lynn's weight loss program and I am thrilled for you!! I have a lot of problems with scrapbooking but journaling comes pretty easy for me. Thanks for your posts. Have a great day! Debbie

    ReplyDelete